2019 upcoming trainings
advanced mediation Training
January 17-18, 2019
Build and enhance your mediation skills. After completing a basic mediation and conducting mediations do you feel there is room to improve? Do you sometimes struggle dealing with difficult behavior and high emotions, managing multiple parties and advocate/party dynamics, managing the money bargaining and helping parties close the deal? This program can help you move to the next level.
In this highly interactive program with demonstrations, exercises, simulations and role playing you will:
- Learn to identify the right questions for the right stage of the process to help connect with the parties, pace the process and develop options
- How to communicate without triggering defensiveness
- Learn techniques and develop a plan for addressing high emotion and difficult behavior
- Manage multiple parties and the roles of lawyers or advocates and their clients and assess power dynamics, constraints and hidden agendas
- Manage distributive situations more effectively with more advanced negotiation techniques
- Balance the benefits and drawbacks of facilitative and evaluative techniques in mediation
The program will use examples from business, commercial workplace and civil disputes. Much of the program will involve practice in small groups and fishbowl mediation simulations with peer and instructor feedback.
Who Should Attend
This program is designed for those who have received basic mediation training or who mediate regularly as part of their professional role as lawyers, HR professionals, managers or others and are familiar with the structure and skills of mediation. Limited to 18 participants.
Program Cost and Registration:
Early Registration - $450 before December 19, 2018
Regular Registration $525 on or after December 19, 2018
You will have three payment options: 1) paying in full by credit/debit card, 2) placing a $75 non-refundable deposit by debit/credit card and being invoiced for the difference due 14 days before the start of the training, or 3) being invoiced for the entire amount. Please note that if you choose to be invoiced your space cannot be guaranteed until final payment is received. Please review our cancellation policy.
For more information, please contact Bill Logue at the Quinnipiac Center on Dispute Resolution, 860-521-9122 or email email@example.com.